Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My new favorite TV show: QUICK DRAW

Quick Draw is hilarious!!!

I don't watch that much television, probably because I do not own a TV but there are a few shows that I love watching and keep up with: SCANDAL (yes in all caps because it's dramatic like that), and The Colbert Report.  My favorite type of show to watch is a sitcom (probably even to work on) but there aren't that many that keep me engaged throughout episodes let alone through seasons.  Always Sunny in Philadelphia, along with The League are some favorites but they have such short seasons and it's hard to come by them as I do not own a television.  There are not that many shows that make me laugh out loud or that make me want to continue watching but Quick Draw has easily become my new favorite.

Watch a scene from my favorite episode! This episode had me dying!!

"I been out here 10 years!10 years!?" Hahahahaha.

It's a comedy exclusively on Hulu.com created by Nancy Hower and John Lehr, who plays the main character, Sheriff Hoyle in the show.  There's only 8 episodes but they all had me laughing out loud.  I think what makes it so funny and awkward is that it's set in the wild west circa the late 1800s with content of whores, murders, and racism but written in such a way we can't take any of it too seriously.  Production wise, it's a very well put together show, with beautiful costumes, sets, lighting, cinematography, alla that.

Let's take a minute to recognize how difficult this era is to costume and how beautiful and well put together everyone looks.  Beth Morgan who is listed as the costumer designer for this show also worked on The Help and Django Unchained so there you go, those are some serious films with beautiful work.

What struck me to share with you is that I was halfway through the first season and one of the actors, Bob Clendinin, who plays the town's undertaker on Quick Draw, was guest starring on the show I was working on.  He is also very funny in everything he is in. All the actors are great in their respective roles and they are all so attractive, men and women! Nick Brown who plays the deputy is very handsome and his character makes him so endearing and adorable!  Well done entire cast and crew of Quick Draw.  Thank you for making this show, it brightens my day. I look forward to more seasons.

Watch it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis