Friday, January 31, 2014

1000 years of Vietnamese Clothing

One of my favorite parts of working in wardrobe is learning the history of it.  I guess it has always intrigued me as a child but I never thought I could pursue a career in it. Watching period films is one of my favorite things to do.  I guess that's how I fell in love with wardrobe.  When I worked in a costume house, I would wander around the place admiring all the great pieces.  It was SO cool.  It was super dusty and I would have allergy attacks almost every day but it was so worth it.  Working at a costume house is hard work, but everyone I worked with was so warm and kind and being able to work with all the beautiful pieces was something I'll always remember.
In growing up in the states, I know much more about the history of costume of western civilization than of my own culture.  So in honor of Tet, (aka Chinese New Year), here are illustrations of the history of Vietnamese Fashion.  I love this so much, I think it's beautiful.  Thanks to my mom for sending this to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis