Monday, February 18, 2013

Shoyu Chicken & Skrimps

You all know I love to eat.  There's nothing like a plate of delicious savory flavors.  But there isn't always time or money (if you're ballin on a budget-like me) to go out to eat all the time.  
When I'm working I hardly cook, but I do like to make things that are pretty easy but full of flavor.  I love slow cooker recipes and pretty much any meat that has been marinated for hours, with a side of rice and veggies and I am so good!
This is a chicken marinade recipe I found on AllRecipes.com, that I love.  It is sweet & salty but not in a salt kind of way. 
These are ingredients that are always in my kitchen so it's easy to make.  
This recipe calls for a grill, but I don't have one so I either pan fry it or throw it in the oven.




SHOYU CHICKEN <--click the link for the original recipe
-->
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic, minced (I usually put 3-4 bc I loooove garlic)
3/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp ground paprika (optional)
1 lb chicken thighs
3-5 large skrimps (I add this bc I like the variation)

1. Combine all ingredients except chicken/skrimps in a mixing bowl.  Set aside a bit of the marinade for the skrimps.
2. Put the chicken in a gallon size ziploc.
3. Pour the marinade in the ziploc and marinate for at least an hour in refridgerator. Also refrigerate the bit of marinade for skrimps you will use later. (You probably don't want to do it for more than 2 if you're making a small batch just for yourself.) 
4. Before ready to cook, marinade your skrimps.
5.  Now GRILL IT, BAKE IT, or PAN FRY it. Spray your cooking surface with a bit of oil and cook it on medium high heat.
***I like to do medium high then turn up the heat to brown the outside.
6.  ENJOY! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you said "skrimp." People think I'm nuts when I say it..hahaha

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis