Monday, March 14, 2016

Budapest Ness

I took a holiday to Budapest, Hungary.  I was intrigued by the history and culture and left with many new friends from all around the world.  I visited most of the tourist sites: Fisherman's Bastion, Central Market Hall, The Parliament...the list goes on.  These sites were beautiful and full of a rich history, what I did not expect was to come across so many friendly, warm people along the way.

For those who know me, in my regular life, I'm usually costuming or studying yoga, in bed by 10PM, this was not the case in Budapest.  Janelle and I stayed up until morning!  That is not my life!  People were very curious about where we were from, a black girl and an Asian girl traveling together really threw them off.  It was a good conversation starter.  People demanded I was from Asia.  It was endearing. The night life in Budapest is very casual, everyone is out to have fun and talk to those around them, I love that. We met so many cool people, talked until the morning and went on adventures with them the next day.  It reaffirms that it doesn't matter where we come from or what we do for a living but when there's a connection from human to human we can all get along and even share some laughs.

My experience in Budapest really opened my eyes to living in another country.  I love my home here in LA, I am grateful to own a home and share it with my pup Max, taking walks around the lake everyday but I realize that I could make a life almost anywhere.  Until the next adventure! Enjoy the photos. =)
If you can't view the slideshow, click here.


Budapest Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis