Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ojai Lavender Festival

Audrey and I took a little getaway to Ojai for 2 days, which included The Ojai Lavender Festival.  The entire weekend was AMAZING.  I LOVE OJAI.  I am pretty sure I belong there.  Everyone we came across was kind, helpful and at least 50 years old (my kind of crowd). 



We arrived in Ojai early in the mornnig for an Iyengar yoga class with Suza Francina.  (If you are ever in Ojai, please take her class, she is a lovely woman and very fun teacher. ) After class, Suza asked me if I was in the teacher training program and she thinks I would be a good teacher.  I was so surprised! I am not yet in the Iyengar teacher training program but am currently assisting and will be pursuing the program in the near future.  Suza asked me if I would be interested in teaching older students, mainly 50+ in age.  I am very interested in teaching older students, when I was younger I wanted to be a gerontologist.  Suza gave me a book to further my studies!  I was so overwhelmed with warmth and appreciation.  I put out in the Universe about a year ago that I will be a yoga teacher and since then, people and things are finding me through my journey and making the future clearer every day.  It's funny how things all come together, and going with the flow can bring so many wonderful opportunities. I could not ask for more or anything other than what the Universe is bringing into my life.  I am so grateful!

After yoga, Audrey and I had a delicious lunch at Osteria Monte Grappa.  Audrey had a sandwich and I had a burger (as always); we shared a strawberry panna cotta and chocolate hazelnut gelato for dessert. OH MY...if ever there was a time we've ever been speechless.  I can't even describe what we experienced, just look at Audrey's face (photos in slideshow). We walked along the main street with shops and small markets.  We went to Rainbows which is their main grocery store, Audrey had a green juice and I found a coconut which I had the juice guy cut open for me so I could drink/eat the insides. YUM.

We made our way to the Casa Ojai, for pool time, and a bit of relaxing.  For dinner we went to Agave Maria's (a recommendation from the local pharmacy clerk).  I had their pixie margarita, made from the local pixie tangerine. More goodness.

Saturday we attended the Lavender Festival, Audrey was determined to become a fairy so she got her face painted.  We walked around and put so many creams/oils/body butters on our skin and smelled EVERYTHING; we are pretty sure we were on a lavender high the entire time and for a while after.

Thanks to Ojai for being so kind and welcoming to us and thanks to Audrey for sharing this getaway with me. Here's to many more restorative and soul enriching experiences. Love you, boo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis