Sunday, February 9, 2014

Italiano Food and Doggies

If you know anything about me, you know I love food and doggies, and yes I call them doggies. I took a lot of photos in Italy and I saw a lot of beautiful buildings, people, historic sightings but nothing thrills me like delicious food and dog sightings any where I am, so here's what I ate and some of the doggies I saw.

I ate so much, and I made a point to overeat. I ate pasta every chance I got, my favorite was the Carbonara in Rome...particularly the place we ate the first night we got in.  My favorite gelato was in Rome by the Pantheon (I think that's where it was).  This was also the place I spotted the one cute boy in all of Italy eating gelato.  Yum, double time. At the gelato place near the colleseo, the guy serving us was determined to get a kiss from Audrey before he would serve her some Mentha gelato. Haha, it was hilarious to see him flirting with her. We were about to get out of there without paying because he liked Audrey but his boss was there and made us pay, oh well!
One memorable treat in Venice were the cannolis, Audrey had chocolate and I had regular cream....the shell was so crispy and the center was so creamy.  I've had my fair share of creamy horns which are similar (yes that sounds a little sexual but I promise that's what these pastries are called), usually sold at Chinese bakeries I guess that's the Asian version of an Italian cannoli.  But man oh man the cannoli was perfect. I love juxtaposition of crispy and creamy, slightly salty and sweet.
Can't forget the made to order crepes we had for breakfast at the Palazzo Paruta, soft crepe shell, nutella, bananas, topped with powdered sugah...Ahhhh. I want another one. I don't really like sweets but the sweets in Italy were not the same kind of sweet as here in the US, also I was trying to fatten myself up so I ate a lot of things and pretty much everything that was offered to me.

As for the doggies, I love doggies and took so many pictures but they were usually running or walking away from me.  I'm PUPsessed. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis