Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Asian Art Museum SF

I recently visited the San Francisco Asian Art Museum with a friend, Kara, (here's her tumblr) and here are some of the things I saw...also, excuse my reflection in the pictures. =)

I forget where these came from, I believe Southeast Asia.

Southeast Asian Body Adornment

Necklace with Front Chest Piece
Buddhist diety, White Tara. 1400-1500

White Tara's  left hand dispells fear while right hand gestures gift granting. The eyes on her palms and feet show her mastery of the four doors of liberation through which she frees beings from misery.


 
Taoist ceremonial robe Qing Dynasty (1644-1911)
Two puppies at play, 1200s Japanese. I rarely ever see puppies in Asian art but you all know how much I love pups so I had to share this one.

Here's me in front of City Hall, pretty building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis