Thursday, December 20, 2012

Doo Wop Night

Last night Billy and I went to see Street Corner Renaissance, a doo-wop a capella group, at The Catalina Jazz Bar & Grill.

I love doo-wop music and there aren't very many places that play this music so I was thrilled to be able to see it live.  There's so much power and warmth in hearing doo-wop music, especially when sung a capella.  The Catalina Jazz Club has great live music pretty much every night.  I definitely recommend seeing a show here.  The venue is small and the entertainment is always good.

The show  was amazing...very close to one of the best shows I've ever seen (running in close race with Mint Condition).  These men are extremely talented and great entertainers.  I enjoyed every moment of it. Even Billy enjoyed it and he doesn't even like doo wop music, it was that good.

I can't do Street Corner Renaissance justice by talking about them so please, check out their music, click here.

Street Corner Renaissance at the Catalina Jazz Club.

Billy and me.

Crystal and Marvin.

Kwame of SCR and I after the show (Check out the scarf and suspenders).
 
I haven't bought a CD in ages but I had to support!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE DOO WOP! i think it's from my love of oldies in general. <3 the temptations

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis